IFA Direct is administered in partnership with ATHE, a global awarding organisation regulated by Ofqual.
- Each unit is studied one at a time over 4-6 week period and as they run continuously you can roll off one unit straight on to another meaning you never have to wait before starting a new subject.
- If you decide to take a study break during your programme, this could be easily arranged.
- Units provide challenging and relevant learning with flexible methods of assessment allowing tutors to select the most appropriate method for their learners.
Support throughout your study
IFA Direct is designed so that you can easily study around other commitments. It gives you the full support of an expert academic adviser and online materials which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Personalised programme guidance
During your programme you will be provided a bespoke learning plan and you will receive the appropriate support and guidance throughout your studies.
You will receive online tutorial support from an expert academic adviser. The number of hours of tuition is dependent upon the credit value and guided learning hours (GLH) for each individual unit. The units incorporate:
- online lectures
- online resources for example, ebooks, presentations, recorded webinars, handouts and articles
- personalised learning plans
- e-books and presentations
- tests to prepare you for the assessment
- supervised independent learning
- unit certification on successful completion
Throughout each unit you will also need to undertake some independent study. The number of hours you devote to self-study is dependent on the credit value of each individual unit but on average you need to devote 7 to 14 hours per week. As everyone learns at a different rate there may be a variation in the actual time taken to complete a unit and the number of hours detailed per unit is only a guide.
Access to IFA resources
You will also have access to:
- A downloadable PDF of Financial Accountant the IFA’s magazine – six times a year.
- IFA branch network – Access to events to help you keep up to date with important issues in the accounting world and the opportunity to network with other professionals and students (UK only).
- Member-only areas of the IFA website.