ATHE and IFA launch IFA Direct pathway to professional membership for accountants.
Take the ATHE IFA Direct route to achieve professional membership for accountants:
- achieving IFA membership
- gaining an IFA practising certificate (UK members only)
- investing in professional development
The IFA is a full member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) the global accounting standard-setter and regulator. Membership delivers the enhanced professional recognition and career prospects that comes with being able to call yourself an IFA Financial Accountant or Tax Adviser. In addition, you will receive dual membership of the Institute of Public Accountants (Australia) and be able to use the designatory letters AFA/MIPA or ATA/AIPA.
To visit the IFA Direct website, click the button below.
Gain an IFA practising certificate (UK members only)
For UK-based members holding an IFA practising certificate means you can offer accountancy services to the general public and can do more than with many other associations and professional bodies. You’ll also be able to undertake charity independent examinations and ATOL/Civil Aviation Authority work.
Continuing professional development
Investing in relevant and regular CPD is an important way to stay abreast of new developments and best practice in a fast-changing environment. It can boost your motivation and improve the quality of your work and the service you provide.
- Accessible – experience flexible but structured learning that you can plan around your life wherever you are in the world
- Relevant – enjoy a programme tailored for accountants working in or supporting SMEs or SMPs
- Recognised – gain verifiable CPD and transferable credits from a global awarding organisation recognised by Ofqual
- Affordable – Each unit costs £300* with a one-off learner membership fee of £50* (*exc VAT)
Minimum requirements for study
Before you apply to study please ensure you meet our eligibility criteria.
- 2 A level passes PLUS 5 GCSEs/vocational GCSEs/GCE/O level passes (grades 9-4/A-C) in five separate subjects including mathematics and English or equivalent; and/or
- Level 3 book-keeping or accounting qualification which includes the ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
- Learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
All study is online and requires a basic level of digital literacy in the following areas:
- using the internet
- using Microsoft Word and Excel
- using the centre’s online portal
- unzipping documents
It is important that you understand these areas to be able to study effectively and gain the maximum benefits from the programme.
Unit and Assessment
14 units, two routes to membership. Click on Routes to IFA Membership & Units below to read more.