About the Position:
Programme Leader will be responsible and accountable for the overall management and development of the relevant programme, for the monitoring and supervision of staff and students within the Programme in question and for assisting with recruitment to the programme. Working in partnership with the Dean & Associate Deans. He/She must provide the requisite leadership to effectively deliver and manage the Programme and ensure the quality provision and delivery of the Programme in accordance with the required standards of LD Training and, where appropriate, the partner University.
The Programme Leader is a Senior Manager within the Faculty and must be prepared to accept and effectively discharge that role.
Key Responsibilities :-
Programme Management (Working Across London, Dudley and Nottingham Campuses)
- Managing the programme team to ensure the subjects/modules are taught and assessed in accordance with the validated programme schedule;
- Ensuring that in delivering the Programme the LD Training’s Professional Standard Requirements for Lecturers are both promoted and adhered to;
- Reviewing programme documentation to ensure teaching schemes, Module Guides, reading lists, assignments, and examination papers, are relevant, current and appropriate to the level.
- Ensuring all students on the programme are enrolled on the appropriate modules, and that all module related material is accessible to them.
- Conducting and taking minutes of weekly meetings with staff to review student performance and progress and to address other issues related to the delivery of the Programme;
- Overseeing timetabling and academic schedules including major programme & project reviews, assessment boards, events, examinations, moderations and guest lectures etc;
- Liaising with industry professionals to ensure effective industry input into the Programme; &
- Pro -actively and effectively promoting and recruiting for the Programme and ensuring that all staff also embrace and discharge the duty to promote and recruit.
Staff Monitoring & Supervision
- Supervising all staff on the Programme to ensure effective preparation, delivery and assessment of the Programme;
- Monitoring staff including in particular compliance with LD Training rules and regulations, issues of punctuality, conduct and discipline amongst staff and their interaction with students;
- Formally reporting staff who are late for work and/or absent on a daily basis to the Associate Deans as well as to HR and, when necessary, dealing with cases of persistent and unacceptable absence or lack of punctuality;
- Assessing future staffing, equipment and facilities needs and presenting necessary requisitions in good time (usually one semester in advance) for effective recruitment and procurement;
- Observing and assessing staff performance in the classroom including but not limited to the carrying out of the staff Peer Observation process; &
- Providing induction for all new staff with a clear emphasis upon the requirements of course, ethos and mission of LD Training, Leeds Trinity University, University of Suffolk if appropriate.
Quality Assurance Management
- Chairing the internal Programme Board of Studies;
- Preparing and completing the Annual Course Evaluation report pro forma;
- Preparing and managing the programme action plan based on feedback from staff, student feedback etc.;
- Monitoring the suitability and currency of teaching and learning materials;
- Leading the programme team in ongoing review and development of the programme;
- Conducting research on industry needs and actively encouraging staff to keep up to date with discipline and industry developments so as to impart the same to students.
Student Issues & Management
- Ensuring effective and timely communication to students of all Programme relevant matters;
- Encouraging active participation of students in the wider LD Training and Leeds Trinity University, Suffolk University experience including support for events etc.
- Reporting regularly on the Programme through the appropriate channels from time to time in place;
- Ensuring that the best Faculty staff are deployed when promoting the Programme at external exhibitions and fairs and internal Open Days etc.;
- Supporting the Directors and the Senior Management in all activities organised by the University and Faculty
- University Masters’ degree Business & Management
- A minimum of three years full time working experience in a comparable academic role
- Experience of delivery in relevant subject areas at HE Level 4 and above