About the Position:
This is an exciting opportunity to provide tailored support to students and employers. You will deal with student, academic and employer enquiries for all aspects of placement activity.
Key Responsibilities: –
- Generate employment opportunities for LDT students and alumni by establishing and maintain productive employer partnerships.
- To establish and maintain sustainable relationships with employers and different industry sectors, and to continue developing placement and professional development for LDT students.
- To maintain and grow a database of placement providers with suitable opportunities and connect employers with LDT students.
- To manage multiple student placements. This will include ensuring all the correct paperwork is received from the student and the employer, ensuring the placement is set up correctly between LDT and the employer.
- To ensure accurate work placement and student records are maintained using the placement tracker and compiling reports that are needed.
- To develop online resources to support students who are undertaking work placement opportunities.
- To conduct one-to-one meetings at the start of each term with students who are participating in the work placement programme to help prepare them for placements.
- To deliver a series of pre-placement preparation workshops to support students prior to starting their placement.
- To support with developing on campus activities, presenting information, delivering workshops and on campus events such as job fairs.
- Maintaining regular contact with the student and employer to monitor the progress of the placement and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Prepare reports on placement activity and contribute to the placement briefings, ensuring information is accurate and accessible.
- Drive and implement the Employability Framework and other activities relevant to the career and sector interests of students.
- To lead on the development and implementation of LDTs internal employability framework (CREATE).
- Successfully prepare students to enable them to develop the necessary skills and confidence to progress with their career aspirations.
- Provide advice to students on the development of CVs and covering letters, directing them of help for activities such as interviews and other recruitment processes.
- Conduct mock interviews and application reviews, providing students with feedback and areas to develop.
- To lead on the development of LD Training internal placement opportunities for students.
- Work proactively with our students to encourage take up of placements through activities such as phoning or emailing students.
- To facilitate the full recruitment cycle including advertising opportunities to students, shortlisting candidates, screen applicants, briefing candidates face to face over the phone, arranging interviews, providing feedback and making offers.
- Educated to A Level or equivalent or proven professional work experience
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
- Polite, Helpful and Confident Manner
- Previous experience of working within an HE placement environment, Career Services or Recruitment Services
- Knowledge of managing work based placements
- Effective networking and negotiating skills
- Understanding of basic employment rights
LD Training offers competitive remuneration packages dependent upon qualifications and experience and a flexible working pattern