About the position:
The key contractual responsibilities of the position of Lecturer include –
- Preparing and delivering a required number of lectures, seminars, workshops etc. at both degree and Foundation Course Zero levels reflective of personal expertise and qualifications (usually in the range of 18-20 hours per week in semester time.
- Setting & marking of assessments and examinations in relation to programmes taught and meeting relevant deadlines for the same.
- Advising and counselling students as to academic assignment briefs, course progression and career matters.
- Ensuring the appropriateness and accuracy of power points/slides used in delivery sessions.
- Contributing to the delivery of study skills sessions.
- Participating in relevant Faculty and University meetings, discussions as to curricula development, programme delivery, assessment boards and related Academic Faculty matters.
- Undertaking personal professional development to maintain subject currency germane to the needs of organisation.
- Assisting as appropriate with new programme development; & Meeting the LD Training’s Professional Standard Requirements for Lecturers.
Additional Contractual Responsibilities
- Preparing teaching files and other academic documentation as required by LD Training and our partner Universities from time to time. •
- Attending all necessary internal training and staff development sessions.
- Participating in all necessary preparation and work in relation to regulatory body visits; &
- Participating in all key functions and events organised by the relevant LD Training campus.