Student learning experience
- Oversee the monitoring of student progress and provide advice and guidance to lecturers, personal tutors and students as appropriate.
- Ensure quality enhancement of the student experience, taking cognisance of the differing needs of the diverse student community.
- Ensure students are included as appropriate in the various decision-making opportunities within the department.
- Ensure all practices are standardised with other campuses and that students have the same experience in all campuses.
Managing people and resources
- Coordinate effectively with the team of professionals to achieve targets and the desired quality.
- Provide academic leadership to those working within programme areas, for example by agreeing work plans to ensure that programmes are delivered effectively or organising the work of a team by agreeing objectives and work plans as received from the line managers.
- Contribute to the development of teams and individuals through the individual performance review process and providing advice on personal development.
Liaison and networking
- Partake in internal networking, for example by participating in institutional committees or working groups, where required.
- Lead and develop external networks, for example links with external examiners and assessors.
- Maintain close links with relevant professional bodies and ensure that the campus meets the quality, accreditation and development needs of the disciplines.
- Comply with all GDPR regulations while engaging with student data.
- Abide by all departmental and company policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role you will require the following skills
- Strong communication and cross-collaboration skill
- Proven subject expertise and competence
- Strong commitment to quality standards and an enthusiasm for innovative teaching and learning
- Good organisational & IT skills
- Excellent presentational skills
- Attention to detail and assurance of accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines