Key Contractual Responsibilities: –
The key contractual responsibilities of the position of Lecturer include –
• Preparing and delivering a required number of lectures, seminars, workshops etc. at both degree
and Foundation Course Zero levels reflective of personal expertise and qualifications (usually in
the range of 18-20 hours per week in semester time.
• Setting & marking of assessments and examinations in relation to programmes taught and
meeting relevant deadlines for the same.
• Advising and counselling students as to academic assignment briefs, course progression and
• Ensuring the appropriateness and accuracy of power points/slides used in delivery sessions.
• Contributing to the delivery of study skills sessions.
• Participating in relevant Faculty and University meetings, discussions as to curricula
development, programme delivery, assessment boards and related Academic Faculty matters
• Undertaking personal professional development to maintain subject currency germane to the
needs of organisation.
• Assisting as appropriate with new programme development; &
• Meeting the LDT Professional Standard Requirements for Lecturers
Additional Contractual Responsibilities
• Preparing teaching files and other academic documentation as required by LDT and our
partner Universities from time to time.
• Attending all necessary internal training and staff development sessions.
• Participating in all necessary preparation and work in relation to regulatory body visits; &
• Participating in all key functions and events organised by the relevant LDT campus.
Candidates should usually be able to offer three mainstream Business & Management, Finance and Accounting and Business Law
LDT offers competitive remuneration packages dependent upon qualifications and experience.