About the Position
The post holder will be working across London, Dudley and Nottingham Campuses, where it can be based at any of these locations.
The key responsibilities of the position of Head of Academics include:
· Providing effective ’hands on’ day-to-day operational leadership for the Faculty and the academic delivery of all courses in the campuses . In this regard Faculty, comprises Programme Leaders, Module Leaders and all Lecturers/Tutors whether full-time, fractional contract or part-time;
· Contributing pro-actively to the ongoing strategic direction of the organization through membership of the HE Strategic Leadership Team and ensuring, where appropriate and relevant, that the Strategic Plan of the organization is delivered upon;
· Ensuring that the LD Training Strategy for Teaching & Learning is effectively implemented and properly developed reflective of ongoing experience;
· Ensuring that academic standards are met and enhanced through the assessment process, that the assessment criteria of the organisation’s collaborative partner Universities are consistently adhered to by all Lecturers involved in the assessment process;
· Working assiduously to meet the expectations of the organization and its collaborative University partners as to student attendance, student retention and progression;
· Establishing an effective rapport with the company’s University partners and being usually the first point of contact for their College Liaison Tutors/ Link Tutors in particular;
· Contributing to the delivery of the organization’s programmes reflective of expertise and commensurate with the appointee’s range of responsibilities – usually envisaged to be 5/6 hours of teaching per week in semesters;
· Assisting with the marking of assignments, assessments and examinations reflective of individual discipline expertise;
· Compiling full and accurate reports in respect of academic management and delivery matters and in a timely manner for the Directors to enable them to properly brief both the Governing Board and the Advisory Board as appropriate;
· Attending and actively participating in all relevant internal and collaborative partner University Boards and committees;
· Ensuring that all aspects of the broad academic portfolio continue to develop, by motivating and engaging Faculty staff at all levels and communicating proactively;
· Promoting a learning and work environment that is open, collegial, equitable, inclusive, diverse and Respectful, and one that is fully committed to the corporate culture;
· Ensuring that the students make full use of the teaching and learning resources provided for them by the organization and the relevant collaborative partner University;
· Compiling necessary marking schedules and allocating Faculty staff, in conjunction with the Academic Registrar, as appropriate for marking assignments/presentations/examinations and other components of the assessment regime;
· Ensuring that the student experience is of the highest quality in relation to programme delivery, teaching and learning, pastoral care and support and career guidance;
· Pro-actively assisting with student recruitment and related promotional activities;
The additional responsibilities of the Head of Academics include –
· Ensuring that the organisation’s contract with students in relation to academic matters is clear, fair and meets all necessary external requirements;
· Overseeing the production of the annual Student Handbook and other relevant student material;
· Ensuring that the content of relevant areas of the LD Training website is accurate and up-to-date;
· Attending all necessary and relevant meetings as required; and
· Such other reasonable and relevant duties and responsibilities as the Directors and Governing Board may require from time to time.
· The working would involve mandatory one day in the weekend work (Saturday or Sunday)
Hold a degree Masters level from a reputable university
· Excellent working knowledge of Virtual Learning Environments such as Moodle, Brightspace etc.
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
· Working knowledge of student management system
Have usually at least three (3) years of academic and administrative experience at an appropriate tertiary level and possess tangible academic leadership skills developed in an academic/teaching/training environment.
KEY SKILLS SET, IF ANY
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Weekend availability
Education: Master’s (preferred)
Salary and Benefits
LD Training offers competitive remuneration packages dependent upon qualifications and experience and a flexible working pattern.